At 65, you are at postmenopausal age. Due to reduced estrogen level, the vaginal lining becomes atrophic and the resistance to infection reduces. Thus, BV is a common result. Antibiotics or boric acid may not be effective because the cause is estrogen reduction. Without managing the cause, BV will come back as soon as you stop using the antibiotics or boric acid.
Below are the suggested products and application schedule:
- For the first month, 2 packs of NeuEve Silk (8 suppositories per pack) https://www.neueve.com/collections/menopause/products/silk. Use 1 suppository every other day. Two packs of Silk will last for 32 days. Using Silk first helps you reverse the severe vaginal atrophy and adapt to the next level stronger formulas Silver.
- From the second month: 1 pack of NeuEve Silver (6 suppositories). Use 1 suppository every other day. The treatment period is 12 days. https://www.neueve.com/products/silver Using Silver helps you clear BV more effectively.
- If by day 12 in the second month, your BV is cleared (~95% of chance), you can switch to the maintenance mode. Using 1 Silver suppository every 5 days. One pack is good for a month of health maintenance. If you do not see BV coming back for 3 months, you may be BV free for a long time.
- If by day 12 in the second month, your BV is not cleared (~5% of chance), you can continue using NeuEve Silver once every 2 days for clearing BV until it is cleared.
- If after you use 3 packs of NeuEve Silver, but our BV is not cleared, you may move up a level to NeuEve Gold, using 1 suppository every 3 days. Your BV will be soon cleared.
If you like NeuEve Silver or Gold, you can subscribe to it for long-term self-care. Your atrophy and BV will be gone for good.
You can print out this article so that you can follow the suggestions closely.
If you are curious and want to learn the science behind it, you may find this article helpful:
I hope that you will find relief soon.