At 65, you are at postmenopausal age. Due to reduced estrogen level, the vaginal lining becomes atrophic and the resistance to infection reduces. Thus, BV is a common result. Antibiotics or boric acid may not be effective because the cause is estrogen reduction. Without managing the cause, BV will come back as soon as you stop using the antibiotics or boric acid.
To understand this concept, you may find this article helpful:
Below are the suggested products and application schedule:
- For the first month, 2 packs of NeuEve Silk (8 suppositories per pack) https://www.neueve.com/collections/menopause/products/silk. Use 1 suppository every other day. Two packs of Silk will last for 32 days. Using Silk first helps you reverse the severe vaginal atrophy and adapt to the next level stronger formulas Silver.
- From the second month: 1 pack of NeuEve Silver (6 suppositories). Use 1 suppository every other day. The treatment period is 12 days. https://www.neueve.com/products/silver Using Silver helps you clear BV more effectively.
- If by day 12 in the second month, your BV is cleared (~95% of chance), you can switch to the maintenance mode. Using 1 Silver suppository every 5 days. One pack is good for a month of health maintenance. If you do not see BV coming back for 3 months, you may be BV free for a long time.
- If by day 12 in the second month, your BV is not cleared (~5% of chance), you can continue using NeuEve Silver once every 2 days for clearing BV until it is cleared.
- If after you use 3 packs of NeuEve Silver, but our BV is not cleared, you may move up a level to NeuEve Gold, using 1 suppository every 3 days. Your BV will be soon cleared.
If you like NeuEve Silver or Gold, you can subscribe to it for long-term self-care. Your atrophy and BV will be gone for good.
By the way, some customers request refund after using the product for 30 days by taking advantage of our satisfaction guarantee. As a result, these customers will lose the chance of a lifetime to find an ultimate relief. To help our customers to find an ultimate relief, we must tell our customers upfront that for treating a stubborn recurrent BV, you must commit to long-term use of the product to find relief. The 30-day period for the money-back guarantee is often not a long enough time to see an ultimate relief. Thus, the 30-day money back guarantee does not apply for a stubborn case.
I hope that you will find relief soon.