Vaginal atrophy is not a disease. It is an aging outcome. It appears when a woman gets older, often after menopause. The good news is that applying NeuEve can help stop, delay and reverse vaginal atrophy. It is like putting cream on the face to stop wrinkles.
The woman’s age often determines her severity of the atrophy. In addition to symptoms like dryness and painful sex, major features of the atrophy include shrinking of the vaginal cavity, thinning of the lining and lack of elasticity. Additionally, women with atrophy often suffer chronic injuries in vaginal tissues due to intercourse or even just by dryness. These include tissue abrasion, bruising, tearing, and micro-cracks with bleeding and underlying inflammation. The older the age, the more severe the atrophy, and the more sensitive to anything, even to nutrients in NeuEve formulas at a higher level. Therefore, we have developed 4 NeuEve formulas with increasing nutrient strengths from mild to strong: Cream-->Silk-->Silver-->Gold, for women at different ages.
Based on a woman’s age, we recommend the following:
- <40, can directly use Gold, often for BV relief. There is no atrophy before age 40.
- 40-50, start with Silver and can move up to Gold in 1-4 months.
- 50-60, start with Silk and move up to Silver in 1-4 months and then move up to Gold in 1-4 months.
- 60-65, start with Silk plus cream, and then move up to Silk only, and to Silver and later to Gold.
- 65-70, start with Cream for 1 month and then move up to Silk, and later to Silver.
- >70, start with a tiny bit of cream daily for 1 month. Then, use the cream regularly for 2-3 months before moving up the Silk plus Cream, and to Silk only.
Note: The NeuEve cream is for itching at any age, but for helping ease the atrophy, you should use NeuEve cream even without itching. This is like to apply cream for stopping wrinkles even without discomfort. To date, the oldest woman who benefited from NeuEve is 80. Therefore, applying NeuEve early and often can better help defy aging.
In addition to aging, other health conditions can also accelerate vaginal atrophy. These include cancer therapy (especially breast and ovarian cancer therapy), oophorectomy, hysterectomy, lichen sclerosus, and medications like antihypertensive, antiallergics and antidepressants. If you have any of these conditions, you can use the above recommendation by adding 10 years to the age.
Also, a young woman on breastfeeding can also experience vaginal dryness. This is temporary and we recommend the use of NeuEve Silver for dryness relief.