I am now on subscription for NeuEve Silk, could you tell me how long I should stay on the Silk formula before moving up to the Silver formula?
It is about 1-4 months, depending on your age, which often determines the severity of vaginal atrophy, assuming you have no other health conditions.
In general, if you are:
- <50, you can directly use Silver;
- 50-55, 1 month on Silk and then move up to Silver;
- 55-60, 2 months on Silk and then move up to Silver;
- 60-65, 3 months on Silk and then move up to Silver;
- 65-70, 4 months on Silk and then move up to Silver;
- >70, 5-6 months on Silk and then move up to Silver.
After you move up to Silver, use the same time interval to decide when you can move up to Gold. The rule of thumb is that the younger the age, the shorter the waiting period for moving up the formula because the aging effect becomes harder to reverse when one gets older. Therefore, applying NeuEve early and often can help better defy aging.
Certain health conditions may cause a delayed recovery. These include the following:
- Early-onset menopause. Say if you had menopause at 40, and you have experienced 10 years of menopause at 50. This means that you are 10 years ahead of another woman who is 50 with a late onset of menopause.
- A total hysterectomy that removes both ovaries.
- Pelvic radiation therapy for cancer.
- Antiestrogen therapy associated with breast cancer treatment. The drugs include Tamoxifen and aromatase inhibitors.
- Certain autoimmune diseases like lupus, Sjogren's syndrome, and Celiac disease.
If you have anyone condition listed above, you need to add 10 years of age to decide when to move up a level. But if you have had two or more of these conditions, sat you have a total hysterectomy plus antiestrogen therapy (for breast cancer treatment), you may need to add 20 years of age in the table above to decide when to move up a level. If you have three of the above-listed conditions, Silk may work the best for you and it may be a good idea to stay on Silk for at least 1 year before moving up.